Monday, December 8, 2008

Abbie's Christmas Dance Show

Abbie's first dance recital was tonight. I started calling it her dance show because she seemed to understand what that meant.

She did a great job. She's not headed for Ballet West anytime soon but she had a ball and that is all I want for her (after having a Nazi dance teacher growing up). She tried really hard and loved every second of it so I'd say it was a big success.

It started out a little rocky when the little girl next to her peed on the floor while waiting for the recital to begin. Abbie had to run and tell me what happened and seemed a little yucked out but she got over it pretty quickly and was ready to boogie. After her dances she stood on the sides and danced to the big girl music.

We have another recital at the first of June. It is the big one with costumes and an amphitheater. Abbie is looking forward to January for her class to start again. Thanks Ms. Lori for making dance so much fun.

The first photo Lindsay took and color touched. The below photos are from our not-so-great camera and I don't know how to touch up anything. Thank goodness for sisters.


7 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I have to say I had some serious techical difficulties tonight so I'm glad I at least got ONE photo of Abbie in costume!

I'm crossing my fingers about the video camera.

You did a great job, Abbie!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Abbie is an Adorable Ballerina, Saige has a christmas show coming up and is really excited. When the class is fun it definately makes a difference. Keep up the good work, Abbie.

Lori Thompson said...

SOOOO Jelous of cute little girls with tu-tu's....Maybe someday...

Sammy said...

so sad i missed it!

Elizabeth said...

I remember those days !!! Cherish them !!! They go by so fast !

Abbie is such a cutie ! LOVE HER !!!

510Jen said...

How cute is Abbie. Yeah we don't have any ballet west candidates in our house but they sure love to dance.

Mamathom and Papathom said...

I loved that performance. She did great.