My kids are so funny...not ha ha funny (well that too sometimes) but more in an amusing way.
I literally kill myself every day to get Kyle to do all his homework, practice his piano, brush his teeth, wear his glasses, etc. Don't get me wrong, he isn't throwing fits or yelling at me but it takes an amazing amount of energy just to keep him on track and to any of the above mentioned tasks fully completed...not to mention all of them (and more). He is so distracted by everything around him. He would rather do just about anything than homework, piano or brush teeth.
Abbie, on the other hand, is dying to do those things. She is constantly wanting to brush her teeth and loves to sit at her table and do her homework. This morning I kept asking Kyle to finish filling out his reading log. Abbie was at her table and kept telling me "I'm doing my reading log, Mommy." She had her little pencil and paper. She loves doing homework like Kyle. It usually involves a paper, pencil and stickers but it is homework, just like Kyle's. Later, she told me she was taking her piano lesson. She made Kramer sit and listen while she played the piano (with the book open of course). Kramer was a good sport.
Then there is Daisy. She really just likes to play with toys or walk in her stroller. Our morning walks around Kyle's JAWS track at school are among her favorite things. I often wonder what she will be like when she can talk and really tell us more about what she wants. For now, she just crawls around and tries to play with or eat everything.
I guess they will always want what they can't have, try to be older, envy what the others can or don't have to do, etc. but hopefully I'll just continue to be able to find it amusing.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
My kids are funny...
at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds so familiar even though those days for me were quite a while ago. Read all the posts and loved them all. It is wonderful to have friends that actually stay in your life for ever. I have one of those that I have know since kindergarten. The kids look adodrable and I love the tutu showing out of the soccor bag too cute.
YOU are one terrific mom and do such a great job. My grandkids could not be in better hands. Thanks for taking such good care. WE LOVE YOU.
Post a Comment