We are getting ready for fall at the Thompson house. That means working on gathering Halloween costumes (see Abbie trying hers on), putting up the decorations (check), a little yard work (tore out our entire backyard on Saturday - two scorpion stings to prove it) and the beginning of birthday season (although the pre-event was in August with Kyle's birthday). The weather finally cooled down a bit so and we are super ready for fall. So much so that I made my first batch of soup this weekend (since last winter)...Tripp and I enjoyed black bean soup all weekend long. I usually give some away and freeze some for later but we ate the entire pot this weekend.
Kyle hasn't decided what he wants to be for Halloween yet but the deadline is tomorrow because I need to start getting costumes in order. I've had a couple enquiries into what Daisy will be. Those of you who know me well know that I saved every stitch of Abbie's clothing which Daisy has proudly worn the last almost 10 months. Daisy will be wearing the butterfly costume Abbie wore on her first Halloween...in pristine condition I might add. We've been decorating the outside and inside of the house since Oct. 1 but of course Abbie is in love with the pumpkin Grandma Marz gave her today. She wants to put it in her room (tough luck Chuck - it's sitting by the front door).
All of our birthdays are in the second half of the year...starting with Kyle's in August then ending with Daisy in December. Below is the photo from Tripp's pizza birthday dinner at our house a couple of weeks ago. Abbie & Daisy's parties are in the works (don't worry Sam, I killed the balloon idea - you're off the hook).
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Getting Ready for Fall
at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Abbie looks great in her bee costume. Love it! I'd like to get a picture of the little ones in their costume at some point since we won't see you on Halloween.
Can you email me your black bean soup recipe? Sounds delicious. Although I think I have to wait until November for soups. Still too hot for me.
Come to the mini-enrichment at my house in November (date to follow)...we are doing soups and I'll be making it (per Nikki's request).
Loved the wiggle worms in the soccer bag. Cute. Thanks for the update. Love you.
Post a Comment