Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm a Champion Mama!

That is what Abbie told me about .8 miles from the end of her first 5k. She said, "I'm a champion Mama...I'm not going to give up!"

We participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure 5k this morning. Our fun friend Kristen invited us to be on her team. The photo was kindly taken by Kristen before the race started. Abbie was all smiles.

She struggled a little. We did some running, lots of walking and a little carrying but she enjoyed the majority of the race. I'm really proud of her. 5k is a long way for her little 4 year old legs.

Thanks to everyone who donated to our team. As a whole, we raised $300 for the cure. Yay!

4 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

SOOOO PROUD of you Abbie. Great picture.

kh said...

She IS a champion! Such a trooper!

Colette said...

Wow... that is totally impressive. A big feat for a little one and a huge feat for a mommy who was patient enough to see it 'til the end. Awesome! You are a champion mama!

PS - thanks for coming tonight, means tons and tons. xoxoxox

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Great Job Abbie, Saige loves races.