Sunday, May 23, 2010

Soccer Tournaments & School Programs

This was a weekend full of soccer tournaments, school programs and studying for upcoming finals.

Kyle's team played two games Saturday, winning both. Sadly, we missed the first game as Abbie's school program was at the same time. Too many places to be, too little time. This is becoming the story of our lives...

The Eagles won a semi-finals game this morning then ended up in the championship game this afternoon, which they lost. The coach's wife is always kind enough to email Sunday afternoon to fill us in as we don't play sports on Sunday. The big end of season party is tomorrow night and I have lots of chopping to get to tomorrow morning to be ready in time!

I think I mentioned before that Abbie has the absolute most darling preschool teacher ever. Ms. Joy truly lives up to her name and loves each of those 8 kids in the morning class like they were her own. She put together a little program where the kids shared some songs and music with us then received their awards. Abbie was awarded most "Amiable" as she is friendly to everyone and kind and loving to everyone at preschool and willing to do what others would like. She is so lucky to have another year with Ms. Joy.

As for this big-haired baby...I finally figured out what is making her locks so gigantic of late. She has been scratching her head all over. I caught her doing it the other day and she has been at it every day since. She suffers from skin conditions and I think the new shampoo I've been using is bothering her scalp. Poor itchy-scalped big-haired girl. I immediately switched her shampoo back and we'll see if we can tame that fuzz back down.

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Sorry we missed all of the festivities . . . looks like they were fun! We had a crazy Saturday ourselves.

I like the crazy hair Daisy. And I sympathize with her skin conditions.

Elizabeth said...

Your girls are so beautiful and I LOVE, LOVE their hair.