I've been thinking a lot lately about going meatless one night a week. More than just the noodle dinner Abbie & Daisy often enjoy on Tuesday nights when Kyle is with his mom. I mean a planned meal every week that doesn't include meat. I've decided to institute Meatless Mondays at our house. However, I don't plan to tell the kids...at least for a few months. Then when I do tell them and they possibly complain, I'll pull out the menus from the last several months of Mondays and show them how they were following the plan all along and didn't even know it.
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we're having fish tacos and refried beans tonight. Daisy LOVES beans and I've been searching around for a good easy recipe and finally found one. The maiden bean voyage is set for tonight...I hope it goes well. I love anything that sits in a crockpot and Prudence Pennywise has rarely lead me astray.
As for the rest of the week, here is what it looks like as of today:
Thursday - Grilled Chicken, Veggies & Polenta (we didn't get to it earlier this week)
Friday - TBD
Saturday - TBD
Sunday - Grilled Steak, Rosemary Potatoes, Salad
Monday - Pancakes, Eggs & Fruit
Tuesday - TBD

1 comments:
If your kids need some encouragement... tell them aunt sam goes meatless just about every day
Post a Comment