Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Lion King

Two of my dad's sisters (and one of my uncles) came for a visit this weekend. I have really great aunts and uncles so I was thrilled to spend a bit of time with them while they were visiting.

They dropped by the house Saturday for a quick "Hello" but I was up to my elbows in making/canning applesauce and Tripp was helping Lindsay and Wes move (did I mention they bought a house practically right next door...Yay!) so we didn't have a ton of time to hang out. Abbie, however, quickly pulled Tina upstairs to read books with her. I think she thought if Tina was up in her room the rest of us wouldn't notice and she would stay all day. Sadly, no.

That evening, we met everyone (including Sam - not pictured) for dinner at Brio then headed to Mandalay Bay to see The Lion King. So fun. Costumes, amazing. Voice talent, amazing. Dancing, amazing. One of the best shows of talent I've ever seen in Vegas. After our photo, on the way out the door, we ran into Mike D. and MJ (co-worker and wife from the DRGM days) and had a nice chat with them. He has worked with so many of us Marzs (plus a Toma) that it was really fun for all of us to see him.

Abbie had fun with her babysitter but wants to know when Cathy (Aunt Tina) is coming back to town.

0 comments: