Both Kyle and Abbie had assignments in church on Sunday. This photo was taken just prior to leaving the house early Sunday morning.
Tripp & Kyle received a call Thursday night asking him to speak in church. He cried the entire time Tripp was on the phone with the Ward Secretary. But, as usual, once he stopped crying and actually started working on his talk, it came pretty easily. Tripp showed him how to do an outline then Kyle filled it in from there. For a 12- year-old's first talk, it wasn't bad. He wrote the entire thing himself and looked up all the reference materials so I was prepared for the worst and was thrilled to find the best. After giving the talk (which he did well), the First Counselor told him he did a good job and Kyle told him it was fun. I hope he remembers that the next time they call so we can skip the tears portion of the process. When Kyle finally does something, he really does an amazing job. Getting him to the point to just do it may kill us all.
Abbie gave the scripture that morning in Primary. It was her third scripture assignment since leaving Nursery. I'm not sure if she likes giving the scripture and asks for it when her class gets the assignment or if they just give it to her every time. Either way, she loves doing it. Daddy helped her this time while Daisy and I watched. She speaks so loud and clear. She loves participating in Primary. When she turns 8 and Tripp and I start letting her get up in testimony meeting I think he and I will be getting up in front of the ward a lot more often...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
A Busy Sunday
at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment