Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two of my favorite things...

Yesterday I got to do two of my very favorite things...run a race with my family and go see James Taylor.

Tripp, Kyle, Abbie and I ran the Nike 5k for Kids yesterday morning. Abbie still rides along in the jog stroller but Tripp, Kyle and I ran. It was a beautiful day for a run and so much fun to see all the kids out for the race. Tripp and I aren't really into sports...we don't watch football, basketball, baseball, tennis, etc. on television and we aren't big supporters of either my college team or the UNLV team so it is nice that other than golf, there is a typle of activity our entire family can be involved in. Kyle really enjoys running and we hope that as we continue to particiate as a family in the 5k runs and I participate in the longer ones, Kyle and the other kids might develop a love for it as well. This was probably my last race before new baby comes but I hope he/she has enjoyed joining us in the races while in the womb room.

My parents invited Tripp and I to see my favorite singer/songwriter/musician, James Taylor, last night. I've seen him more times than I can count but it doesn't diminish the enjoyment of each additional concert I have the fortune of attending. My parents invited two other couples to join us and one asked if we knew who James Taylor was. I explained to her that I think children develop a love/hate relationship with the music their parents listed to...they either love it or they hate it. I happen to love it and besides my very favorite, James Taylor, also enjoy listening to Carly Simon, The Beatles, Kenny Loggins, Carol King, Neil Diamond and many more. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to listen to and appreciate artists other than what the radio was targeting to my age group. Having said that, I think my dad will forever be sorry that none of his girls took to The Limelighters.

As a quick note...as it comes times to go to the hopsital for the arrival of new baby, one of us will post that we are heading there and we hope to post a quick note announcing it's arrival shortly after the birth. We may not be able to call everyone right away, but check the blog for updates on arrival, gender, name, etc.

9 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

We were bummed we missed James Taylor but it just wasn't working with the little man! Glad you guys had such a great time.

It's also fun that you all enjoy running. Too bad Sam and I didn't inherit that gene.

Also, I am happy to post when the baby arrives on your blog so everyone gets an update! Then you can post details when you get home from the hospital.

kh said...

I can't believe you're feeling up to a 5K so close to your due date. Once again, you amaze me!

Tina said...

I can't believe you ran a 5k run either that is amazing. It's great that you do so many things as a family. I'll be looking for the news of the new arrival.

Anya said...

Happy Birthday Ali- mine is tomorrow, I had no idea we were so close! BTW- I love James Taylor as well, such great music.... glad you enjoyed your birthday week :)

Laura & Paul said...

Happy Birthday Ali! I can't believe you ran a 5K so close to your due date. That is amazing! Good for you!

Sammy said...

sometimes i can't believe that we are sisters... running I don't do... especially when I am about to pop out a baby.

Alisha said...

Okay, I do share you joy in running, however I still think you are one committed runner to race so close to your due date! You have inspired me to continue to run, IF I ever am pregnant again.

Megan said...

Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a great day!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

In response to your scrapbooking comment....even a stack of pictures with a few things written down and an age associated with them is better than a cupboard full of 25 years without any order!

With baby #2, if you do something regularly, it seems like a manageable thing to do. We'll see how long I keep this up!