Abbie officially turned two today. I can't believe that two years ago today she joined our family. It's gone by so quickly yet it is hard to remember life without her. She is definitely a joy in all of our lives...mom, dad and big brother. I'm not sure what we would do without her big smile, enthusiasm, or afro.
We had her party last Friday (you can read about it in the previous post) so we didn't do a lot of celebrating today. We did tell her "Happy Birthday" all day and reminded her how happy we are to have her as part of our family.
It was a busy day today. This morning was the Holiday Outreach event at Kyle's school that I organize. We received a lot of donations for Corps of Compassion and tons of families came out to walk. All in all, it was a success.
After the event, I came home and prepared dinner with Sam. We didn't call it Thanksgiving this year for two reasons...1. I've never prepared a turkey and if it turned out totally yuck then I would have ruined Sam's holiday. 2. I really wanted to invite over our friends Tara and Scott and they don't celebrate Thanksgiving. This way, it worked out well for everyone. No real pressure on us to make the turkey perfect (Sam basically helped prepare the entire meal with me....thanks Sam!) and it was a Thanksgiving free environment (no turkey decorations, pilgrim outfits, etc.) so Tara and Scott were comfortable joining us. They are two of our closest friends and we just don't see them often enough so it was great to just hang out.
Hope everyone had a nice day and enjoys a long holiday weekend. Below are some photos of Abbie taken over the last two years.


2 comments:
What a cute little girl. I can't believe she is two either. I like seeing the pictures of her growing up. Can't wait to see if the next baby looks anything like her! We love you guys....
Such a cute little two year old. It's hard to believe she is two and that you will be bringing another one home soon. Hope Tripp is feeling better.
Post a Comment