Saturday, October 17, 2009

Haunted Harvest

We heart the Springs Preserve. Not only is it a fabulous indoor/outdoor experience that we can enjoy all year long, but they also have fantastic special events. We experienced our first of the season last night with Haunted Harvest. I invited Lindsay and her family to join us and give the Springs Preserve a try. Luckily, a good friend of mine works for the Water District and hooked me up with coupons so we all received a couple of bucks off admission (I have a few more if you want to check it out. Seriously, we have an annual family membership and use it all year long. This would be a great time to see what the Springs Preserve is all about). Anyhoo, Lindsay, Wes and Nate met us there for some good pre-Halloween fun. The kids had a blast trick-or-treating and playing carnival style games. The weather was lovely so it was wonderful to be walking around outside. The light up the entire garden area and it is truly beautiful. Abbie and Daisy even danced with Sponge Bob, Patrick and a witch! The hayride was sold out until 8 p.m. so we passed on that but otherwise, good fun all around.

All in all, I'd say a good time was had by all. Abbie fell asleep on the car ride home. Both girls are sitting at the table now going through their treat baskets.



2 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Loved those pictures. Thanks for sharing. I know they will have fun on Halloween. LOVE YOU.

kh said...

yay! So glad you guys had a good time. I'll be working this Saturday night...should I dress up in costume too? Perhaps...