Tripp left yesterday around noon for Brazil. I've been disgruntled about this trip from the get go. I'm normally pretty supportive of his job in general but something about this trip in particular has really bugged me. It's been on again, off again so many times now I can't count. He is missing a session here in the states that he actually would have liked to attend that would only have required a few days away. Because of the entire on again/off again nature of the beast he had to take an extra day away to procure his Visa then missed his window for the Yellow Fever vaccine because of other travels. Not to mention missing soccer, General Conference, Court of Honor, and Greenspun Open House...I just have been in a bad mood about it. Then yesterday he arrived in Houston and the plane to Brazil had mechanical difficulties and I just hoped it didn't crash.
But this morning he arrived and his hotel is 10 minutes away from this...
Somehow, I can't be frustrated or angry anymore. This is the Campinas Brazil Temple. He caught a picture of it from a cab maybe (haven't got the full story yet) and hopes to find time to go back during his visit. He knew he wouldn't have time for sightseeing (in fact we loaned our camera to Kyle's soccer coach who left yesterday for India) but he is going to try and carve out some time, even just to walk the grounds.
Not many Americans see this temple unless they serve a mission in Brazil and since Tripp served his country instead of a mission, I feel like he deserves to see this lovely temple. Maybe this trip was just a chance for him to see it. Maybe the European contingent can't do the training without him. Or maybe I needed him to be near it because now I'm certainly a lot less angry about the entire thing. It certainly is lovely...
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Brazil
at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am crying BIG TIME. How much Heavenly Father loves you, Tripp and all of us and shows us in ways, we could never imagine. Thanks for sharing. Love you.
It's funny how things end up working out sometimes. Eric served his mission in Brazil and when I told him that's where Tripp was heading this week, he turned green with envy. I'm afraid to let Eric visit, for fear he'll never return. He loved Brazil more than anything.. well, until he met me of coarse! :) Please let me know if you need anything while he's away.
I would LOVE to go to Brazil! It's one of my dream vacations. I'm seriously jealous...though I know work trips are rarely vacations.
Post a Comment