Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

We couldn't let April Fools Day go by without playing a trick on someone and with Daddy just getting home, he became the perfect target. Kyle and I decided to tell Daddy that he got a citation at his after school sports activity today and got kicked out. The offense: talking another kid into getting on the roof with him. I asked his fourth grade teacher and the leader of the sports group to give us a hand and write a citation for me.

So, Daddy comes home tonight from England/Scotland and finds Kyle will a citation for getting on the school roof and kicked out of the sports activity that he just started today. Needless to say, he isn't pleased. We let him believe it for awhile then remind him it is April Fools Day. He shed a few tears in his laughter and promised to get us both back pronto. Of course, when he asked which of us had the idea Kyle had no trouble throwing me under the bus which is unusual for him since he likes to take credit for nearly everything.

Kyle says this is payback for last year's Chore Camp prank we pulled on him. So until next year, Happy April Fools Day Everyone!!!!!

3 comments:

Colette said...

So fun!!! I definitely need to crank up the April Fool's fun at my house. As I read your post I was thinking it was too bad I didn't announce on my blog I was pregnant yesterday. That would have drawn tears from my hubby for sure!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Poor Daddy. Soooo tired and just wanting to be home in his haven and faced with a challenge like that. So glad he is home. Love you guys.

Elizabeth said...

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!

I love reading your posts. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

We love you !!!