We started signing with Abbie when she was about 13 or 14 months old. It took a few months for her to really catch on and become a master. She could sign all kinds of things...colors, animals, people, foods, actions, you name it. Once she started really talking well, she sort of dropped the signing because we could understand her.
We've been signing with Daisy since she was 6 months old and and started signing back a few months ago. She signs more, doggy and milk and is working on mommy, daddy, please, thank you, etc. Abbie has been loving relearning the signs and enjoys doing them with her sister. I think she forgot how she used to sign the songs from an entire CD. We are looking forward to breaking out that CD (I never thought I would say that) so that Daisy and Abbie can start signing with it together.
Nater Tater is a pretty fine signer himself. We gave him Abbie's favorite signing DVD for Christmas a couple of years ago and I don't think he is addicted to it like Abbie was but he is turning a mighty fine signer in his own right.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We Love Signing
at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are very grateful for your introduction in to sign language! It has SAVED us! :)
I love the signing the kids do. I think that is great way for them to communicate. Thanks for sharing. LOVE YOU.
Cool! We are fans of signing too. It makes life so much easier when we can communicate with our babies. My boys have kept a lot of it and we try having "silent dinners" 1 night a week. (Where we can ONLY sign.) Gavin loves talking and making the brothers laugh. But it's still fun!
Post a Comment