
Thank goodness for Peter Pan. Although Cars is still Abbie's favorite movie of all time, and we listen to the soundtrack at least 6 or 7 times a day, she has finally agreed to start watching something new and that, my friends, is Peter Pan.
She saw the preview while watching Cars and finally let me talk her into giving it a try. She loves it. Not Cars love but enough to watch it for the last week instead of Cars so I'm good with that.
This morning while walking JAWS at Kyle's school, she asked some fifth grade girls we know to play Peter Pan with her and then assigned parts: Abbie = Tinkerbell; Julia = Wendy; Alora = Michael. Then she threw pixie dust on everyone and told them to fly. They are good sports and played along with her.
I have to say that I love Cars. Of all the "New" Disney or Pixar movies I definitely think it is by far the best. But I have a love for the older Disney movies which probably explains why Abbie's other favorites have been (in order) Winnie the Pooh, 101 Dalmatians, The Aristocats, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp and now Peter Pan. She has never been into the princess movies. I tried Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella but she wasn't interested. So although I know Cars will be a permanent part of our lives, I'm thankful for break, however short it might be.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Peter Pan
at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh peter pan is one of my favorites! And I have never seen cars so maybe i will have to come over for a viewing sometime.
I can see my little Abbie as Tinker Bell. Soooo cute.
Nate got Peter Pan for Christmas . . . I can't wait for him to start enjoying some Disney. Sesame Street is great and all. But I'm ready for the good stuff.
Hi Ali! My your baby has grown. Daisie is adorable. I wanna pinch those little cheeks!
I loved this post. My Kyler is totally into Cars. He knows the lines pretty much all throughout the movie. Yikes. Thankfully he finally moved on to Herbie the love bug! So fun!!
Post a Comment