Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Long Sweet Reggie


Many people know that we rescued Reggie almost two years ago from a family that was about to dump him either at a pound or with any random person that would take him. He is a sweet bulldog with lots of energy and love. We told the LV Bulldog Club about taking him in and told them that if they ever had an adoptive family with older kids (due to his high energy and size - 65 lbs. of muscle), we would be happy to help him to a new home but would also foster him forever if that's what was best. We got a call out of the blue last week that a family was interested in adopting him, had older kids and had people at the house almost 24/7 so he would always have company. We met them on Friday and they passed the home inspection so it was time for Reggie to have a new home. Our tree-trimming guy came over Saturday and it turns out that his son is the family that was adopting Reggie. I have to admit that I was feeling pretty blue Friday night but after finding out that Danny was going to be living with Reggie as well, I started feeling much better.

Today we said "So long" to Reggie as he went to his new home. I cried and cried. Then Tripp cried after he left and asked me if we could take a break from fostering dogs because seeing him leave was too hard. Reggie is going to a home with a family that is so excited to have him and can't wait to shower him with love and attention...just like we do but without Kramer competition. It's for the best but I'm stilling feeling rather broken-hearted tonight.

3 comments:

thebutlerfam said...

Ohh... my heart is sad for you all! You are such kind and responsible dog owners, I know the only way you would let him go, was if it were to a fabulous family! He is in good, loving hands! We will miss you Mr. Reggie!

xoxonikandfam

Mamathom and Papathom said...

We will miss Reggie too and I am sure it was hard to let him go - but when he is able to get all the attention and lots of activity - he will love it there. It will take a while to adjust without him - but remember he will be taken good care of. You all did a great job with him and gave him a loving home. Love you.

kh said...

NO WAY! What are the chances of that? How cool that it worked out so well. You guys are good.