Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We Have a Pool!

Living in Vegas heat means a lot of swimming in the summertime. When Tripp and I bought our house we made plans to put in a pool for the kids. We've spent the last couple of summers at either Grandma or Grandpa Marz's pool or the community center pool. We finally broke down this year and decided it was time for our own pool. Abbie invited her BFF Ruby over for the "Grand Opening" if you will.

Okay, so maybe it's not quite what we had in mind when we bought the house but with my freaking out about the Colorado River and Lake Mead, I think this is the only pool we may ever have. I just can't build something in my backyard that uses up so much of such a valuable resourse (well more than one if you include the energy for the heater) when G&G Marz and the Rec Center have such fabulous pools we can visit anytime we want. Once the water is dirty, I can use it to water my plants than fill it again.

Our friend Brooke used to leave her heater off the hot tub in the summer and get in, calling it her "Poor Man's Pool". I would say we've now got the ultimate in poor man's pools. However, Abbie and Ruby had a ball this morning and I think it is just the right size for Daisy as well. I hope the kids can forgive their mom someday because at the Thompson house, this is as good as it gets.

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Love the bikini.

And you may have to visit the Griffeth household to see the ultimate poor man's pool. Yours at least looks inflatable and a little bigger than ours will be. :)

Tina said...

Cute pics of Abbie and her little friend Ruby. We have a pool in our gated community but no kids under 3 this year. So I have the same kind of little pool for Zeke in my small little backyard. Good Idea to use the water for the plants!

Kristen Fry...soon to be Clark said...

Abbie is adorable in her bikini! You, Jill, and Christen have inspired me to start my own blog. Have a look. I would love to hear from you.

http://kristenfryclark.blogspot.com

Mamathom and Papathom said...

That is such a cute entry. Loved the pictures. Now let us count the best blessing - less stress for Mom. Love you all.

kh said...

This is FABULOUS! It's perfect for the girlie girls.

Best wishes on the garden plants too.