Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer

Summer break has officially reached the Thompson house. Both Kyle and Abbie got out of school last week. Kyle was home through the weekend but left Sunday night to spend a week visiting his mom. We took the photo featured above before church Sunday. We know a family that takes one every Sunday before church...great tradition but we were lucky to get these done and don't plan to go through that every week.

Abbie, Daisy and I have been busy this week. We planted a small garden on Tuesday. You can see our basil and hearts & flower plants. The one on the end has pumpkin seeds in it. My friend Nikki swears I can garden so we'll see if she is right. Wish our plants (especially the pumpkin) luck. The photos below are of my little gardening helper.

We also went to the library first thing Monday. Unfortunately, the summer reading program starts while we are out of town but it didn't stop Abbie from checking out a ton of books. She loves the library. Her favorite books right now are One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Halloweener.
Daisy is now on to Green Beans. She is working on enjoying a little "Tummy time" and is basically hanging out with her BFF, Abbie. She pretty much just goes with the flow.

We've been doing a lot of swimming. We visited G&G Marz's pool Saturday then again tonight. Abbie loves to swim and started her summer lessons this week. Below are photos of Abbie with Ms. Kelsey, her super cute swim teacher.




It seems as if our entire summer is already spoken for. We have something going on almost every week until school starts again (Ugh). Here are just a few of the activities the Thompson family has on the books:
June 14 - 20: Newport Beach
July 1 - 7: Richmon, VA
July 21 - 26: Emma Visits
August TBD: Reno

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Next time you head swimming at night let us know and we'll try to join ya. Night swimming is great when it's so warm!

You'll be a great gardener. If I can keep things alive, anyone can.

510Jen said...

I love summer too. I love that Abbi get her own little private lessons.

G&G Marz's pool looks a little updated. FUN!

I am so excited for Emma to come and visit you are going to have a blast I love that girl. She could live with me FOREVER.

Looks like you have a jam packed summer. I am jealous. Have a great time and be safe.

Tina said...

Love your potted plants they are a great thing to do all around the yard. Abbie looks so cute with her teacher I loved watching my kids learn to do new things. You have a darling family and you can tell you love being a MOM