Friday, May 30, 2008

Cabin

This post is for those of you who a) don't know Lindsay & Samantha and haven't already read their blogs b) don't blog hop.

Grandma & Grandpa Marz built a cabin in Duck Creek over the winter. Last weekend we all went up for our first family trip to the cabin. The weather was cold (snowed most of the time) but it was a nice break from the blazing Vegas heat.
We arrived on Friday night after dropping Reggie and Kramer off in Cedar City for a visit with their Grandparents, Mama & PapaThom. Saturday morning Grandpa rented ATVs and Tripp, Wes, Lindsay, Sam, Grandpa and Kyle rode around in the woods. I stayed home with Abbie, Daisy and Nate (I would rather hike in the woods than ride around with a helmet on). Saturday night there was a BBQ in the tiny town of Duck Creek (about 8 cabins worth of a town). They had food and a band. We have a great video clip of Abbie dancing and playing the tambourine with the band but due to technical difficulties we don't have it loaded on the blog yet...maybe in a week or so.
On Sunday the Thompson family went down to Cedar for church and dinner (and naps) with Tripp's parents. Kyle and Abbie spent the afternoon playing Chinese Checkers and Scrabble with MamaThom.
Monday was pack-up and go home day. Unfortunately, it is much of a blur to me. As some of you may have read on Lindsay's blog, it isn't a Marz vacation without stomach issues. Daisy wasn't feeling well off and on all weekend. Then Nate and Lindsay got sick and I followed suite Monday with a trip to the Cedar City ER. I think I'll have visited all the rural Utah ERs before long. After two blown veins (bad IV attempts) the third was a success and I was quickly re-hidrated and heavily medicated. They even gave me some anti-anxiety medication (I must have been freaking out at some point) which is a first for me. It totally knocked me out the rest of the day. I literally don't remember anything until Tuesday morning which is a little frightening as Tripp and Kyle I think went to the movies Monday night and left me alone with the girls...I really don't remember it at all.
Anyhoo...the cabin is great. Big thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Marz for building such a fun place for us all to get together.

Kyle and Nate

Kyle & Abbie playing in the snow

Abbie at the BBQ

Anya Earl, Lindsay & Wes

Lindsay, Sam, Kyle & Tripp enjoying their grub

Daisy trying to stay warm

Abbie enjoying her grub

Lindsay, Nate & Wes

Daisy and Aunt Ham

4 comments:

thebutlerfam said...

Ali, this er thing has to stop! Sickness aside, the cabin looks like a slice of heaven!

xoxonikandfam

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I agree with Nikki . . no more ER's for the Thompson clan. I think you are their best customers. :)

But, glad you're feeling better and that prior to Monday, the weekend was fun!

Tina said...

Beautiful Cabin you'll have lots of fun there this summer I'm sure. Loved the pictures everyone looks like they are having a great time sorry it ended with yuk.

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Can't wait to see the video. The cabin looks like so much fun and is just waiting for all of you to visit often during the hot months in Vegas. Good to see you. Glad you are feeling better.