Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blessing Day

Daisy and her cousin Garrett Parker Thompson, born to Patrick & Jennifer two weeks ago, were blessed today in our ward. Both babies were blessed by their fathers and both had the hands of loving Grandpas, Uncles, Cousin & Friend in the circle.

The Thompson, Randall (Jenn's family) & Marz families and friends all gathered at our house after church for lunch. Below are some photos from our lovely day.

Daisy missed her Aunt Elizabeth, for whom she was named, but her wonderful cousin Trey got to stand in the circle and report back to his mom...something that was missing from Abbie's two years ago (Tripp and I reflected this morning that we blessed Abbie two years ago this weekend and exactly the same people stood in the circle with the exception of Trey).

Garrett Parker Thompson


Grandpa & Grandma Marz with Daisy

Patrick & Tripp

Kyle, Lulu & Saige eating lunch

Daisy & Aunt Lindsay

Rich & Nikki

Cousin Saige

Abbie & Aunt Ham

Daisy & Aunt Lindsay

MamaThom and Garrett

Abbie & her best friend Ruby

Cousin Nate

Abbie loving Daisy

My Aunt Kara & Uncle Allan

Aunt Laura & Cooper

Aunt Jenn, Isabelle, Cooper & Caden

Garrett & his Uncle Casey & Aunt Brittney

Patrick & Garrett after a tough afternoon.....

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

We are glad we could be a part of such a special day! The two new babies are adorable and are a great addition to the Thompson families. It was fun to see everyone! Thanks for the yummy lunch.

Elizabeth said...

HOW AWESOME !!! I am SO sad that I wasn't able to be part of the big event but SO HAPPY that Trey was able to represent our branch of the Thompson tree. My mind and spirit was there though. Having been there this past summer I was able to visualize everybody at the church, because I have been there, at your home, because I have been there. So...my thoughts were with you guys all weekend. MUCH LOVE to everyone, especially Daisy on such and important day.

510Jen said...

I love her gold blessing dress. What a fun and memorable day. Wish we could have been there to see it. Maybe someday we will live in the west.

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Thank you for all the planning and preparing by your whole family and friends to make this such a special day. Garrett is a very lucky child to have been born into such a loving extended family. It was a truly special day, one that we will not forget.

Love, Pat and Jen

Tina said...

What nice pictures for such a special occasion. I love being able to see the things that are going on, it lets you be a part of it even if you can't be there. She is beautiful