Sunday, February 10, 2008

Seven Things About Abbie

A lot of people have been posting seven things about themselves lately...it's sort-of a tag thing. Instead of posting them about myself, I'll post about the kids. They are infenitely more interesting....
Seven things about Abbie:
1. She loves watching the original Winnie the Pooh movie. It's her favorite. I can't begin to count how many times she has watched it. We just found out yesterday that her best friend Ruby loves it too! It must be a 2 yr. old girl thing...those that aren't into princesses that is.
2. She loves snacks. She asks me for snacks about every 10 minutes. My friend Nikki used to joke that Abbie was never allowed to have snacks but I think this is why I am/was so crazy about limiting them...now that she can say it she wants them all day long.
3. She loves her family. She adores both Kyle and Daisy and is so excited to see her Grand"Papa" Marz, Aunt Lindsay & Aunt Ham (Sammy), MamaThom and cousin Saige. She just loves having any or all of them over to visit.
4. She likes wearing bows and flowers in her fro. I thought it would be tough to get her to wear them but it's really not. She asks for bows all the time now. I think she knows that fro of hers needs a little something special.
5. She likes to serve tea and cook in her kitchen. Santa hit the jackpot with the pink kitchen set and she digs the tea kettle and cups that Tripp and I gave her. She is always serving tea or pushing the stuff around in her grocery cart.
6. Abbie likes to jump around like Tigger and Rabit from Winnie the Pooh. She doesn't really jump but she sure gives it a good try. It's pretty funny to watch. I need to get a video of it and post sometime.
7. Abbie loves to pray. She wants to say the blessing on the food and the nightly prayer each night. You can't really understand what she is saying except there seems to be a lot of Kyle in it. Tripp is convinced that she is saying some type of really sweet prayer so I'll trust him on that. I laughed the first few times she said the prayer but now I am over how funny it is and just proud that my little two year old wants to pray.

There is a lot more I could say about my sweet little two-year old and her Abbie-ness (I don't know how else to describe her unique little personality), but I'll leave it with this...she definitely has been a blessing in our lives. She has a unique personality that Tripp, Kyle and I could all love together. Her Abbie-ness has made this family pretty special.

6 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That was fun to read. I love seeing the Abbers, too! She's quite a character. :)

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Thanks for that update. She sure is a special little girl and we all love that big smile, and sometimes shy look - but great love that she shares with all.

thebutlerfam said...

Pooh bear is the best! I love all 7 things, plus more about you abbie!
xoxoruby

510Jen said...

She is so cute. I love her curls. She is definitely a mini-Ali. I love how she gets excited to see her family. It would be so nice to live closer. Avery loves the mam binky also. Grrr who knows how we are gonna get rid of it.

Tina said...

She sounds like such a delightful little girl. I know that her papa loves her. I wish we lived a little closer so we could be in on getting to know these cute little kids

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

How Fun!!! There is always something new to learn. We loved the idea and can't wait to read about the others.