Friday, November 13, 2009

A lovely day...

Thanks to everyone for the emails, notes and presents yesterday. I'm sorry I missed every last one of you (except the Gublers, who caught us just as Abbie & Daisy were finishing up breakfast) but I neglected to renew my drivers license and so I had to take care of that pronto. Luckily, I remembered Wednesday so I wasn't driving illegally today. Sadly, I was at the DMV for almost four hours getting it taken care of.

I narrowly made it to dinner with Tripp and the kids. We stuffed our faces full of mouth-watering sushi and other Japanese delights. Yum. They gave me the books, "My Life in Paris" and "How to Master French Cooking" both of which I'd wanted for quite some time. Tripp kindly remembered me mentioning it when we saw "Julie & Julia" a few weeks ago.

My dad and Barbara took my sisters, Nate and our family out to Cafe Rio and Nielsen's Custard Wednesday night for a quick celebration. Again, yum.

I love the photo above. It's taken from the cover of "My Life in Paris" and they turn it into a charming scene in the movie. I feel that way about all of you that took the time to remember me yesterday. I heart you all for the birthday wishes. Next year I promise not to be on the brink of an expired license.

7 comments:

Colette said...

Happy Birthday from my crew!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Happy Belated Birthday. DMV's are no fun, but we like driving so it's all worth it.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Glad you had a fun day and that we could celebrate with you a little early!

Mamathom and Papathom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lovely Lady - Glad that it was more than a 1-day celebration. Glad Tripp could be home to help celebrate. Did the girls make you a cake? We love you.

ElizabethsCustomCreations said...

Happy Belated Birthday !!! Sounds like my luck with the DMV. Happy that Tripp was home to celebrate. LOVE YOU GUYS !!!

Elizabeth said...

HA !! Used the wrong account !

Legarza said...

IF it makes you feel any better, I was delinquent on my registration because I had not had a chance to get the smog check on my car. I am glad you ate yummy Japanese.
Katie