Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cooking Group Week Seven: Pumpkin Brownies

Our family's favorite Halloween movie is It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Tripp and I tried to recreate this pumpkin patch scene for the party on Saturday and Abbie watches the movie several times a year...she doesn't feel the need to wait until Halloween. Just like the movie, the recipe I tried this week would be good anytime, not only in October and November.


I stumbled across a recipe for pumpkin brownies and thought I would give them a try. I like the kids to understand that desserts come in all shapes, sizes, tastes and textures...doesn't have to be chocolate filled or sugar covered. Tripp is a huge fan of key lime pie so I try to make it several times a year...something a little different. I thought exposing everyone to a brownie that wasn't based on chocolate might be a good idea.

Let me just say, this recipe is delightful. If you don't give it a try, I will certainly be making them again and you'll have a chance to try them at my place or you might even get a plate dropped at your doorstep (doorbell ditching, my kids new favorite pass-time). Kyle wasn't home the day we had them but both girls enjoyed them immensely. I gave a plate to a friend I visit teach and her husband sent a text to Tripp later that night telling him how good the brownies were. An overall hit. Seven weeks down, one to go....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm gonna give them a try. Thanks!

kh said...

I'm eager to try this. I'm glad you told me about it.