Sunday, November 22, 2009

For the Record...

this is what a four year old looks like.

Abbie turned four today. Her dad and I really can't believe it. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I was in a bed at Valley Hospital watching Pride & Prejudice all night with Julliette, the OB nurse, while Tripp sawed logs on the fold out next to me. We couldn't wait for our baby's arrival and she just didn't want to come. Now, she can't wait to do anything. Waiting of any kind for her is absolute torture.

At four years old, Abbie likes: noodles, pink/purple/red, Busytown Mysteries (a tv show), Barbies (she really wants one for Christmas - yikes!), clothes and shoes, her friend Ruby, Nancy Drew's boyfriend Ned, school (Miss Joy, her classmates, learning), books, The Leid Discovery Museum, The Springs Preserve, her primary teacher Sister Anderson, dancing, her family, Disneyland, her grandparents (all five of them).

At four years old we love: her smile, how excited she is about life, her love of reading, how much she misses her brother when he is gone, her crazy fro, that she loves the Busytown Mysteries so much, her pure joy with school, her love of Heavenly Father/the scriptures/primary/saying the prayer at meals, that she already has a life-long BFF, Ruby.

4 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE. Can't wait to give her a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUG. It sounds like she had a celebration for most of the week - what a great time. LOVE YOU ALL.

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

She is getting so grownup! I am right there with you on the barbie, that is what Saige is asking for.

510Jen said...

FOur! Are you kidding. I love that Sam and Lindsay took her to the mall. And you--I thought you would be a mall goer. I wish I wasn't.

Abby is getting so big and Daisy well she is so cute in her round glasses.
Hope your lesson went well sorry I didn't get back with you. I am sure you did a great job.

Sammy said...

oh she is my favorite little four year old... hope you guys have a good thanksgiving i will miss you!!