Monday, September 28, 2009

School Days, a Musuem Visit and a Birthday

September has been a really busy but a wonderfully fun month. Both girls started school this month. Abbie started her first big girl preschool. I wasn't sure how I felt about an in-home preschool but I love the lady who runs it so I thought I would give it a shot. I couldn't be more pleased. Abbie loves school and is learning so much. Ms. Joy is truly wonderful. Abbie's two mornings a week at school are her very favorite. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that her best friend Ruby is there as well.




Daisy started preschool at the rec center this fall. She is in the cute little guy class that Abbie used to be in. She colors, cuts, glues, learns about a letter, sings, has sharing time and learns to count. She is loving her half-hour of school. Ms. Joyce is so excited to have Abbie's little sister in her class.
Ms. Joyce surprised me when she told me that her youngest daughter has Mrs. Shonkwiler, Kyle's third grade teacher, this year (at a completely different school). Green Valley really is a small community.
Last week we went to the Discovery Museum. The kids ask me daily if we can go so we had an open day and went. With our annual pass (which is really inexpensive by the way) you can drop by regularly, spend an hour or two and get in a little fun. Normally I feel like I need to spend an entire day but since we paid for the year, an hour or two every few weeks works out just great for us. Lindsay and Nate were able to meet us there and the kids had a wonderful time. They are already asking me what day this week we can go (sorry guys...mommy is busy!)







Last, but certainly not least, Tripp got back in town just in time to celebrate his birthday yesterday. All he wanted we a quite day with his family. Church interrupted for a few hours but otherwise, we let him sleep in, fixed some steak for dinner and had some family over for cake, ice cream and presents. I think after a week away, that was about all he could take. Next year is a big one...40. I'm thinking huge blowout...what do you think?

3 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

School looks like so much fun for the kids. I think you should do a big one for Tripp's next birthday. Love you all.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

The museum was fun. Nate constantly asks to see the guy who burps so whenever you want company, we'd love to go with you again!

Definitely a big blowout at 40 . . .

Sammy said...

if you guys ever go on a friday let me know...