Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day at Mt. Charleston

We received a last minute invite to spend the afternoon at Mt. Charleston and although the "To Do" list was long and everyone was feeling a little worn down, we decided to go. I think had we been asked earlier in the weekend we would have put too much thought into it and declined so I'm glad we didn't have much time to think it over and simply jumped at the chance for a fun afternoon in the mountains.

Tripp and Kyle had scouting "Fly the Flag" duties early in the morning but we had a bit of time to lounge and eat before packing up and hitting the road for Mt. Charleston. It was a great afternoon spent with the Butler, Rich and Smart families. The kids had a great time outside and it sure was wonderful to smell fresh mountain air and escape the boiling Vegas weather.

After an afternoon of play we cooked up some tinfoil dinners then the Thompsons had to hit the road for Kyle's soccer practice and "Fly the Flag" duties part II.

Thanks for the invite Butlers & gang. We had a lovely Labor Day holiday.






2 comments:

Colette said...

So fun! Wish we could have joined ya!!! Maybe next time. :) PS - I laughed outloud when I read your post about Kyle's trip to Magic Mountain. Poor trip... what a good dad!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

sounds perfect to me!