Monday, July 27, 2009

Twins

Abbie asks me every night what we are doing the next day (in stark contrast to Kyle who never asks anything just goes along minute to minute with whatever is happening). So tonight, as I'm answering her question and telling her that she gets to go to my friend Rachel's house for awhile in the afternoon because her daughters, Emma & Susannah, have asked her to play, she asks me which one is which. I explain to her that they are twins and she will have to ask them to tell her which is which. She answers (word for word), "Oh, like Papa and Nate, they are twins too."

I really didn't know what to say. She obviously doesn't know what twins are or really thinks my dad and nephew are twins. Either way, I just let it go and gave her a love. I really missed the kids last week.

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

She's a pretty attentive little girl. Dad always tells Nate that they are twins because they both have crocs & a blue/black plaid cabin shirt. :)

kh said...

I'm laughing... This is great.

Sammy said...

I love it! Maybe papa should use a better choice of words so the little ones can learn what twins really are! I am dying laughing :)