Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Break: Week Five

A lot of the normal this week. Swim lessons, library, work, etc. Kyle spent 90% of the week with a friend at our house or at a friend's house. We had kids coming in and out of the house all day and week long. They played, went to the movies, swam, had later-overs, sleepovers, you name it. A couple items of note:

Tripp & Kyle cashed in on Kyle's Father's Day gift to Tripp, a gift certificate to Texas de Brazil. They had fun at dinner last night and according to Tripp, Kyle really enjoyed the "fancy" restaurant.

Our family provided the sacrament meeting for Delmar Gardens, the care facility that is within our ward. We called it the "Grandpa & Grandma's Home" although I was surprised to see how many younger people were residents as well. I guarantee the opportunity to serve was a much bigger blessing to us than it was to them.

We cashed in on free slurpee day at 7-11 yesterday. It was a nice treat on a way-too-hot Las Vegas day.

Tripp and Kyle leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn for scout camp. Kyle's friend Tim is joining them and both boys are excited but a little nervous as well. Scouts are not kind to the 11 year olds like the young women are to the 12 year olds at girls camp. But I trust the two will have a great time regardless and earn a bunch of merit badges. The girls and I will be up to the normal activities so I'll let Tripp report on "Week 6" of our summer break when he returns. Until Week 7.....

1 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

Just saw Tripp and Kyle a couple hours ago - they looked like they were already having fun - Kyle was a little tired from the trip. Know it will be a great week for them. Love you all.