Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Break: Week Two

Like I mentioned, this week was going to be a total departure from week one of summer break. Kyle left Sunday to visit his mom and Tripp left early that morning for England. The girls had swim lessons all week and I had a mammoth list of chores to get done. Here is how we fared....

Monday: Abbie had a playdate in the a.m. and we started on our first day of swim lessons in the afternoon. I did a ton of work around the house.

Tuesday: Errands, car wash and swim lessons.

Wednesday: I took Abbie to the free movie (Madagascar 2 - one of her favs) at Rave then swim lessons then surprise! Lindsay and Sam are going to an impromptu b-day dinner for Sam so I quickly dialed the Butler Family and they agreed to have the girls over so I could go too. I'm not sure who had more fun, me or the girls. I enjoyed dinner with my two little sisters, which isn't just a rarity...it never happens. Quite nice I must say. The girls were treated to dress up, dinner, dancing, baths and even a CD on the way out. Lulu loved and played with them and they got to hang with their best pal Ruby...simply put, it was little girl heaven. I can't thank Nikki and the gang enough for allowing me to dine with my sisters and treating the girls to such fun.

Thursday: Errands, lunch with Aunt Tara and the baby in her tummy (Abbie is still talking about him), Kyle surprises us and comes home, swim lessons.

Friday: Swimming at rec center with Aunt Lindsay, Nate and Kyle's friend Chris R. We also ran into the Boyle gang...what a treat! Kyle gets invited over to Wesley's house for the afternoon and evening (another treat!), the girls and I head over to the dentist for a little tongue lasering (another story entirely) and we finish up at the bookstore. All four of us fell into bed last night.

Today we have a million errands to run and I am supposed to clean the church again. I'll be glad when our ward's three month duty is over. Between Kyle and I we will have cleaned it four different times in the last two weeks. Tripp comes home tonight and we are all excited to see him. Hopefully he won't crash immediately after walking through the door....

0 comments: