This week started off with MamaThom's birthday. We were able to sing to her before they headed back to Cedar Monday morning. The girls especially loved bringing in something to MamaThom and singing.
MamaThom and PapaThom loaded up the car, and Kyle, and headed out around 9:30 a.m. Kyle was excited to spend several days with his grandparents without the interruption of two small needy sisters.
The small needy sisters and I spent the week doing the regular stuff...swim lessons in the afternoon, a little Cafe Rio with Papa and the Griffeths, a free Rave movie Tuesday morning, some playtime with Ruby and Lulu while mommy went to a funeral (thanks again Nikki), errands, housecleaning and finally the arrival of Kyle and Daddy Thursday night (Tripp left early, early Monday morning).
Friday we all hit the rec center pool, along with Kyle's friend Wesley. We pretty much don't go anywhere without one of Kyle's friends anymore...thank goodness for a large car. Friday night the kids stayed home with a sitter and another one of Kyle's friends, Chris R., and we met our friends Nikki & Rich for a movie then dinner. I brought my camera to take a picture of us but forgot about it in my purse. They are such good friends and we don't have one photo of all of us together...maybe next month in SLC.
Today I woke up feeling like garbage, truly retched. I'm leaving for Utah tomorrow so I went to the doctor this morning and sure enough, sinus infection...although the quack weekend doctor seemed much more interested in the fact that he thinks I'm anemic. He kept telling me "You are really, really pale." Then I guess there were other signs...but not enough to do anything except prolong my visit by constantly talking about it and finally mention off-handedly that I should have my normal doctor run some blood counts. I strongly dislike the weekend staff.
We finished the day at my sisters' birthday celebration. Today is actually Lindsay's birthday but our family was doing the official celebration for both her and Sam. We swam (well, not me...sinus infection), ate Metro, had ice cream cake...the usual Marz girl requests. They are going to a movie tonight but besides not wanting to see "My Sister's Keeper", I feel like I want to keel over and die...hopefully another time. Happy Birthday to my wonderful sisters....it's fun to have two little sisters. Maybe Kyle will someday be convinced.
Tomorrow Tripp heads out again in the a.m., Kyle will go to his mom's for a week and the girls and I will head to Utah sometime after church. Won't post again until we return, Sunday, 7/5. Happy Fourth to everyone!!!!
MamaThom's biscuit with jam and sprinkles - we didn't make her eat it.
Abbie ate the popcorn from the movie Tuesday for days...
The slide/pool set-up on Grandpa's lawn

2 comments:
thanks for coming to the birthday dinner even though you felt like garbage! It's always fun to have you and your kids around.
Ali, that was a sweet birthday cake and at this age, it is the sprinkles and candle that excites the children, and that was the sweetest idea and no calories. Thanks for doing that for me. Love you.
Post a Comment