Lindsay posted a "Pay it Forward" last week where the first three comments on her blog received a handmade gift from her as long as they did the same on their blog. Sam promptly commented then posted on hers which Lindsay commented on but admitted that she probably broke the rules. I got a good laugh out of it but had zero intention of making anyone anything. However, I liked the idea so I'm posting a literary pay it forward. Here are the rules:
*First four comments receive a book from me (they will be children's books by the way).
*If you receive a book from me, you have to offer the same on your blog (you can choose to the first two to four on your own blog and they can be any type of books).
*The books don't have to be purchased! You are welcome to share one from your own library!!!! (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
As a side note, I'm truly saddened by the new guidelines included in the CPSIA. They won't just affect toys for children under 12 but books as well. Any books printed prior to 1985 will have to be tossed. That means no more great vintage children's books at used book stores or on the internet, libraries will be dumping their pre-1985 books into the dumpster (unless it was published pre-1985 but printed post-1985). The law even prevents you from gifting these books. It's a shame. Not only will so many fabulous books be gone but what a serious killer to our environment. I buy a lot of used books...especially vintage ones. I'm truly sick about it and have shed some tears over the matter. Let's hope our friends in Washington will see the light soon and realize how crazy this all has become.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Literary Pay it Forward
at 10:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Count me in!!! I would love to gift books to others, and saige is always looking for new ones, so this is a great way to give to others and in turn get to read a new one ourselves.
I like your spin on the "pay it forward". Where do you usually buy your vintage kids books? Looks like I need to buy what I want soon!
Post a Comment