
Well, it's over. I finished the Disneyland Half Marathon this morning. I missed my target finish by about 20 minutes but I made that goal before I found out about the baby. I didn't get picked up by the too-slow bus (my worst fear) so I guess you can count that as a positive outcome. It was fun but I'm glad it is over. It was a lot more fun than the full marathons but could have been a little more enjoyable had I not been 7 months pregnant.

The Disneyland weekend was magical. As many know, there are few families that love Disneyland more than ours. We go an average of twice a year. This trip was a lot of fun, though terribly hot. We spent all day Saturday at the park. Sunday morning we got up for the Disney Family 5k and all finished in good time...and had a lot of fun. The race takes you through both Disneyland and California Adventure...even behind all the rides! We spent the rest of the day playing at both Disneyland and California Adventure. Kyle got to ride The Tower of Terror for the first time and Abbie rode a ton of little guy stuff both days. She really loved Goofy's house and Garden in Toon Town.

This morning was my race. I got up early and joined the rest of the runners outside California Adventure, waiting for the fireworks marking the start of the race. We ran through two portions of California Adventure, Disneyland, various areas of Anaheim, past the Duck Pond, through Angel Stadium (we basically ran the bases!) and back to Disneyland with a finish in Downtown Disney. I am very thankful that despite the humity and unseasonably hot weather, my training this summer (and Heavenly Father's watchful eye) kept the baby and I safe. There were lots of people on the side of the road with medics and IVs...more so than in any race I've participated in.

I think one of the reasons the trip was so much fun is due to our wonderful traveling companions. Scott and Tara have made numerous trips to Disneyland with us and they love atmosphere, treats and rides just as much as we do. We always have such a great time with them and are thankful they are up for so many CA trips. I'm so happy that our kids will have such fond memories of taking regular trips to Disneyland with them.

5 comments:
Wow, a half marathon being seven months pregnant? I can't even imagine. Sounds like a great trip! Maybe I will set my sights on the Disneyland race next year!
Glad you made it through the half marathon & it sounds like the trip was a success. I agree...Scott and Tara are great Disneyland companions....I hope we can join you guys on the next Disneyland vacation.
Oh, and I love Abbie's Disneyland outfit. :)
Holy Cow!! I can't even run a marathon and I'm not pregnant!! Congrats!
Don't ya just love Disneyland....how lucky you are to be able to go so often!!
You're my hero, Ali!
I admire you Ali
Post a Comment