I wanted to say a little something about my Grandma Marz...not to be confused with Barbara, my stepmom, who my children refer to as Grandma Marz (and I've refered to as such in my blog as well). Wonda Marz is my dad's mom. She had a total of 10 children, a mixture of step and her own, that she loved and cared for. Two didn't make it very long on this earth but eight grew up to be wonderful moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents thanks to her.
I have fond memories of her, especially as a young child. After my parents divorced, my mom and I went and lived with them for awhile while she went back to BYU to earn an additional degree. I spent a ton of time with them and my aunt Tina and her family. Grandma and Grandpa Marz always showed me how much they loved me and took good care of me. When I got older, my Grandma invited to me visit her during the summers and I would go and stay with her and Grandpa and she would take me different places in Salt Lake, just us.
My dad calls his mom every single day (yep, he is definitely more of a talker than I am...didn't pass that along to me) but he is also super busy so I know he doesn't do it out of duty but out of the love he feels for his mom who loves him a ton right back. My dad's middle name is Fisher, her maiden name, a tradition I was happy to pass along with Abbie (Abigail Marz Thompson). I feel happy that he has been able to carry her around in his name his entire life.
My Grandma died yesterday. She was in failing health and I think all our family agrees that it was a blessing for her to pass on. I'll miss just knowing she is around but I am happy to know that one day (hopefully not for 50 or 60 years) I'll see her again and she will feel good and be happy and not sick and uncomfortable like she has been for many years.
Goodbye Grandma Marz...you were/are much loved.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Grandma Marz
at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
this made me cry....thanks for writing about gma....i will have to do that when i get back from utah. love u.
Everyone has different memories of grandma and they are all a treasure thank you for sharing your.
Post a Comment