Abbie lost her first tooth today. It has been loose for about 10 days now but it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon so besides her telling everyone we came in contact with, I didn't give it much thought.
Today it got knocked by a Wii remote and that must have done the trick because it turned from a little loose to really loose. Once it was really loose, Abbie wasn't liking it anymore. I think she called her Daddy 5 times today sometimes in tears, sometimes with joy about this tooth. The latter part of the day was mostly tears...she wanted this thing out of her mouth. None of that "let it hang on by a thread for weeks" for my girl. It hurt and she hated it. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite loose enough to give it a good yank. I tried to get in touch with our dentist but he was out and about today (according to his wife). Tripp eventually made my dad drop by and I think he felt the same way, it would take a lot of good tugging or twisting still to get it out and although she desperately wanted it gone, we didn't think she was up for that.
She must have played with it during and after dinner because after her bath I took another look and the tooth was ready. She let me get a grip and after two good tugs, it popped right out. She didn't cry or whine about it coming out (or while I was pulling) for a second. She was so relieved to have that tooth out. Once we got the blood to stop she immediately tried to call her Daddy again and when he didn't answer it sent her into another wave of hysterical crying but I was just glad that thing was gone. Now I just have to get used to my little girl and her new big girl smile....

2 comments:
I can't believe she's old enough to be losing teeth already. Glad it's finally gone . . . I never liked that feeling either!
Loosing that first tooth is such a huge right of passage... yet such a depressing one for the mom! I love watching my kids grow up, but it's hard to see that new big kid smile and realize they aren't babies any more. On the otherhand, some of the sweetest smiles are the ones with missing teeth. :)
Post a Comment