Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beach Bums

We spent last week in San Clemente, thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Marz, with the Marz Family. It's been a few years since we've been to the beach together and we had a heck of a time. It's apparent that all the kids from the Marz line (grandkids included) could easily become beach kids.


Between Lindsay's camera and our camera, we had a ton of photos. Choosing what to post was too hard so I just blindly uploaded photos. You'll just have to visit both my blog and Lindsay's to see a full spectrum. Her's is generally more professional.

We tried to take some super casual family type photos on the beach. Some worked, some didn't. I am putting a few of them here first. I absolutely love the one of Abbie and Aunt Sam. Lindsay did a little work to it (I believe) and they look so great. I think Abbie looks a lot like her aunt and she really wants to be like her so that is a special one for me.



Donuts. Man did we consume some donuts. Sam knows of a really yummy donut shop that we had several days running (thanks to Sam, Wes, Lindsay, Papa). Daisy liked to enjoy her round, chocolatey sprinkle bliss outside with the ocean breeze.
We had a nice backyard but there was a huge drop at the very edge, that ended on train tracks (that a train regularly ran by) so we spent some time out there but we had to be careful with little ones. Lindsay brought some really great bubbles and Daisy had a fantastic time popping them.
Our daily traffic signal on the beach. We sat all over but avoided the surfing area of the water in an effort to not get angry surfers after us.
We took lots of walks. Tripp was great with all kids on the adventures. Grandma & Grandpa took a lot of time walking baby Ryan around.
Kyle loves the water. He got so red with board burn but wouldn't wear a rash guard (thinks it for weenies - the Oscar Meyer variety) so would come in complaining, rest then go back out. He even got rescued once by a lifeguard at Laguna Beach when he took on waves a little too large...boys.
Abbie and I managed to get knocked over every time we got in. We had fun and she laughed her heard off but we stunk at staying up. I couldn't keep the two of us steady in those waves.

We played a lot in the sand. The sand was our best friend and our worst enemy (getting it out of cracks and crevices is a beast).






Tripp tried to teach Abbie to stand up to the waves early on. Didn't work for her but she still had fun. I just love this photo.
These two were definitely water buddies. Kyle loved going out in the ocean with Wes. I appreciated that Wes would go with him while Daisy was soaking up all her Daddy time. She was especially attached to Daddy this trip and although he spent time in the water Kyle, Wes was really his surf pal. A good seed that Uncle Wes.
Good, good times. Everyone went to an Angels/Rangers game (I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home with the kiddos) one night and had a great time...so I hear. Sam had a huge, fluffy cotton candy and they all came home with weird bobble head gnomes so something must have went well.

I love my family, small and big, and am so very grateful that we got this week together. I hope our Forever Family ends up with huts on the beach on the other side.

1 comments:

Sammy said...

I love the picture of me and abs as well. definitely will be on a wall in my house