Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's For Dinner...

Well tonight it was Sloppy Joes, veggies & dip and popsicles. My kids generally eat at home pretty well though not at other people's houses. A lot of people asked me after my eight week recipe challenge if I was going to post more recipes. Honestly, I hadn't planned to. But lately I've had other people ask me what I serve for dinner and it got me thinking, maybe someday my kids will wonder how mom planned the family's meals. Several blogs post their versions of "Menu Planning Monday". I've never felt inclined to do this as my blog is simply for family and friends to keep up with our lives and to print into books each year as our family scrapbook. But the more thought I've put into it, the more I've wondered if I did post what our family was eating for a certain week, if maybe the kids would be able to look through it when they are grown and get some ideas on how to plan for their families.

So, just in case my kids ever care I am going to start posting our weekly meals. I shop on Wednesday or Thursday so I plan meals from Wednesday to Tuesday of the following week. I will skip Spring Break as we'll be out of town the majority of the time and start the following week. Feel free to skip over this weekly post. I don't have any expectations that anyone at all cares about what we eat but if someday even one of my three children (or their spouses) look back on it, it will be worth it.


On a totally separate note, this is a photo of Daisy with baby Ryan. He looks cardboard and sad in the photo but that only lasted for the second I was taking the photo (go figure). Daisy likes to rub his head and his tummy. Abbie likes to hold him too. But I think I love to snuggle him the most. Watch out Sam...I read your blog and I know you are vying for "Favorite Aunt" status. I might not have been there at his birth and I may not get the killer deals on the Gap sales rack but I could quietly sneak away with the title!

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I would LOVE to see what you eat for dinner since I suck at coming up with meals & you cook all of the time.

I'm glad the girls like Baby Ryan!

Sammy said...

Game on? I would be perfectly okay with a tie

Ali said...

Sounds good to me.