Every year about this time, Kramer gets his hair shaved for the summer. It helps him stay cool during the hot season and gets rid of the few tangles he gathers during the year. Even though we try to brush him out regularly, his body is just the tangling type and it gets some no matter how hard we try.
Anyway, it was that time again so Abbie and Daisy accompanied me to drop him off. They were both distraught on the way home...so afraid he would be sad without us and worried about him. I gave the people specific instructions about what he needed so I wasn't worried...may I should have been.
He went in looking like this:
And came home looking like this...yikes!

They always shave his legs and body but they usually just trim up his face and the top of his head. Not sure why they cut his entire face so close and then left a tuft of hair on the top but
geesh...bad hair day.
Abbie was sad for him and kept asking what happened to his "feathers" and Daisy just kept saying, "Hi Doggy! Where's Kramer Mommy?." It took her hours to believe it was Kramer. She started crying because she wanted Kramer back. it was a tough afternoon. She finally saw him jumping in his dog house and realized that it was her dog (no other dog jumps like a bunny).
Poor guy...we hope it grows in quickly...at least around his head.
On another note, we fell victim to Day Light Savings Time today. Which wouldn't have been so terrible except baby Ryan was getting blessed. So neither Tripp nor Kyle made it into the circle. We realized what happened around 9:15 and thankfully were dressed and ready to go. We arrived during the blessing of the sacrament and hoped they decided to do the blessing after but no luck. We feel sad, foolish and sorry. What morons. Anyway, failed to get any photos at the brunch either so if you want to hear about the day, visit Lindsay's blog. I'm sure someday, maybe, I'll laugh about this but not today. Or possibly anytime soon. Hence this post, you can read about what creeps we are and not ask me about it. Thanks
3 comments:
Oh, poor Kramer! Good thing hair grows back.
And you aren't creeps. At all.
I am crying, I'm laughing so hard! Kramer just looks ashamed! Poor little guy!
xoxonik
Oh poor Kramer. I can see why the kids didn't think it was him. Hopefully he hasn't looked in the mirror lately :(
Post a Comment