Kyle turned 12 yesterday. It was also his first day of school so there wasn't a lot of time to celebrate. He never, and I mean never, gets to celebrate his birthday at school then with his luck, it lands in the 6th grade. He'll tell anyone who listens about suffering the harsh realities of a birthday in middle school. He told the truancy officer or some such official that it was his birthday and they politely told him "Happy Birthday" then screamed at him to get to class. He won't make that mistake twice.
We celebrated Sunday night with ice cream cake and presents among family and friends. We had to make it quick with school starting the next day. After his mini-celebration the kids played Potato Head and he wanted me to take a picture of his. I guess he hasn't quite grown up yet. Abbie put hers on display as well.
He received a few gifts in the mail Monday then after soccer practice Monday night, the team sang to him and we surprised Kyle with cupcakes for everyone.
Kyle's big celebration will be on Saturday, 9/5. We gave Kyle a certificate that awards him one entire day with a friend at Magic Mountain. He hearts roller coasters and junk food so it should be a great day for him and one lucky friend. Probably not the best day for Tripp but he is a trooper and will do a great job pretending its the best day ever. If you're interested in a day at Magic Mountain and don't mind leaving before the sun and returning in the middle of the night, Tripp might like a co-pilot.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Happy Birthday to Kyle
at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Bud! Can't believe you are TWELVE already. Love you!
Very cool. Which school is Kyle going to these days? I can't believe Jake was just starting middle school, what seems like yesterday, and now he is a "big" 8th grader. I'm already starting to worry about big bad high school next year however. He handles it better than I do I think.
Post a Comment