My stepmom's very best friend Babs passed away today. She fought cancer for way too many years. Although she was in remission for several (10 perhaps?), it came back and with a vengence. She was such a kind lady...always remembering each us of (Linds, Sam and I) at holidays or when our kids were born (not Sam of course). She was a talented artist and a loving wife, mother and grandmother. But the one thing I will always remember about Babs was that she was a friend.
Barbara and Babs have been BFFs since well, forever. High school at least but probably before that. She even dated my dad in high school. The have been so good, kind and caring to each other for so many years. They have been such a wonderful example to me and I can only hope to be half the friend to the ladies in my small friendship circle as they were to each other. Whenever I think about how I can be a better friend, those two are the first to come to mind. She will be missed not only by her family and Barb & Dad but by us girls as well.
So please say a little prayer tonight for Steve, Kim, Stephanie, Megan, her grandkids and Barbara as they all lost someone wonderfully dear today.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sad
at 6:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I just sat down to blog about her, too. :) She will be greatly missed.
Post a Comment