Abbie turned three years old yesterday. She's been excited about her birthday for a few weeks now and truly had a magical day. She woke up in the morning so happy and excited and allowed her dad and I to sing to her and give her a little birthday crown. She wore the crown for the rest of the day (outside of her party, of course).
We had a costume party with four of her friends. We kept it small and simple...little guy games, cupcakes and presents. A few extra special guests joined us as well...Kyle, Nate and Ruby's sister Lulu, Abbie's very favorite big girl. As usual, one of the Thompson kids had a meltdown...this time it was Daisy. She is getting a tooth and has been a super-grouch. Thanks to MamaThom who scooped her up and took her upstairs for love and rocking while we had the party.
Abbie had so much fun at her party. She told us that her favorite game was musical chairs (Kyle supplied the music by playing Cruela DeVille on the piano). Her favorite presents are the Lightning McQueen & Mator cars, a lion necklace and the bike (she's been asking for one for months). Later that night, while eating a cupcake, Abbie said to Tripp and I, "I love my birthday." And I think she truly did. I have to say that Tripp and I loved it as well. We aren't too big on our own birthdays but sucked up every minute of Abbie enjoying hers.
A shout-out to Sam for manning the camera. With three kids and lots of guests, there is just no way we can take photos at our own events anymore. I am incredibly lucky to have sisters that are so willing to always take pictures.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Abbie Turns 3
at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The party was perfect! I'm glad she had such a fun day!
Looks like it was a great big success. Happy Birhtday Abbie
Happy Birthday Abbie!! It looks like a fun party and like everyone had tons of fun.
it was a great party... give me a year to cook up some balloon animals for next year and they will be a hit for sure. Glad I could be there!
I was so glad I could be there and enjoy time before the party - just one on one, with the birthday girl. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment