Tripp and I spent last weekend finishing the triad of seminars that culminated with Visions 6. We started this journey with "Discovery" when Kyle was at Horizon Academy in the fall. When it was clear he would be leaving, we decided there was still a lot of value in us staying the course and completing the rest of the seminars (Focus and Visions) so we continued on through the Fall, Winter and now into the Spring. This last seminar was split into two parts (weekends) with 10 weeks of work in between. We've made some amazing friends along the way and learned incredible lessons to boot. Looking back, I don't think either of us would have done it any different. We attended what was only the 6th Visions workshop. Most people don't make it that far. Our class was noteworthy in that it was incredibly large (nearly 30 people strong) and more than 3/4 of us came from the same Discovery group. Unprecedented from what I understand. So...here was Visions 6 Weekend 2.
Friday was a blur. I got there just in the nick of time but Tripp was able to visit the Salvation Army with a good portion of the rest of the group to deliver coats we collected to the homeless. There was in-house session work that afternoon and evening. And as always...homework.
We woke up Friday and headed (after a slight detour...thanks for not grumbling Jay, Jen, Shannon & Terri) out to meet the group for our big day. This is Tripp and I upon arrival, ready for whatever we had in store.
Tripp leading our team on a log and board course.
Tripp and I on the Leap of Faith

Ali repelling

These two are Visions BBFs (our friend Shannon featured with Tripp)
Day three was an in house day that involved our two year vision boards, a trip back to Focus and really wrapping everything up. It was quite a day. Satisfying to be done but hard to say "Goodbye" to some of these folks. Never fear, they have Visions Reunions!
Tracy, my Visions/Focus BFF
Gus, Tripp's Focus Buddy, Tracy and us...lifelong friends
Shannon, Tripp's Visions BFF
The Lee's, more lifelong friends. Janae was Tripp's Visions Buddy and Kimuel. They (well, mostly Kimuel) bought a double decker tour bus and put our Visions 6 logo on the side...that is commitment.

2 comments:
looks like you guys had a good time!
Sounds like you had an amazing time... congrats on staying the course! I don't really know about it, but looks very positive and rewarding. :)
Post a Comment