Tripp and I participated in an International One Day Without Shoes today. We spent the day walking around without our shoes (which the girls thought was hilarious). I wore flip flops in Costco, the post office and the Girl Scout Store. Tripp carried his with him but didn't end up wearing them and had several really good conversations with people about what we were up to. Tripp's really good at pushing the envelope and doing that...I'm a little more tentative. He's a good example to me.
We were trying to raise awareness for those around the world who aren't blessed with shoes for their feet. And let me tell you...it really wasn't fun. The girls caved in a matter of minutes. My feet are so sore tonight. The sidewalk was really hot today. I wasn't meant to be a pioneer, that's for sure. Tripp isn't grumbling so who knows how he is doing...seemingly well from the looks of it. I'm looking forward to my Toms tomorrow.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here.

0 comments:
Post a Comment