That's right...the newest City Councilman for Ward 3 is none other than John F. Marz. I went to his swearing in ceremony tonight and joked with Lindsay that I saw the news trucks pull up outside and it must be a really slow news night. But she let me know that it's been all over...there was a big article about him and all of us in the paper today. Well, I don't get or read the paper so I was happily clueless about that. But now I feel like I need to watch the news tonight!
I am really happy for my dad and proud of him as well. He has been serving on the Henderson Planning Commission for 2 1/2 years now and really just wanted to help make a difference here in Henderson. He promises not to run when the 1 1/2 term ends (he was appointed when a seat was vacated) so no elections for this family (Yay!). He's a good seed my dad and I feel safe knowing that for the next year and a half, my little part of the world is in his hands. Now, if he can just do something about our recycling....

0 comments:
Post a Comment