Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Activities

Our Halloween festivities began with Daisy's class party in the middle of the month. Daisy wouldn't pose for the photo...rats. Nothing like a temperamental 3 yr. old beautiful fairy princess.
Later that week we headed for our annual trip to the Vegas style pumpkin patch. Totally cheesy but the kids always enjoy our hour in the hot sun. The girl who normally sets up the group trip for us moved over the summer so Lindsay was kind enough to step up and stalk the patch to make our arrangements as soon as they opened. Amazing that this cheesy patch is booked solid.


That afternoon it was the annual Bartlett Harvest Festival. We've been a ton of times but this was the first time Abbie was a student. She was pretty excited. I got stuck running the dunk tank pretty much the entire time so you see the only picture I snapped while there. I hear there is another one floating around of me on Facebook at the dunk tank (big surprise) and I think there is one of Abbie floating around as well actually doing something fun. Volunteering for Kyle never was quite was muddy or wet.
The next week we had our ward Trunk or Treat. I blew it on the photos but got this one of the girls before we left the house. Our dear friends the Fairbanks drove in from Arizona and we didn't really even get to chat with them in the mess of the event. We did stand in line with Jonah a few times, which was an enormous treat. That would be the last time we saw the Beautiful Fairy Princess crown...Daisy lost it that very night.
The next morning Abbie and I woke up with the stomach flu. Abbie got over it pretty quickly but was tired most of the day and didn't want to eat and just slept. I, however, was on my death bed. I've never had such horrific stomach flu. I am still feeling the lingering effects. My sister and her husband and kids had a form of it the week before, along with my dad. We had it, then my baby sister Sam got it after me while in Oregon. It was seriously an awful trick and definitely not a treat. I'm still tired out and my bones and muscles continue to ache...

Next up...a real pumpkin patch in Utah with the Butler Family. After being stuck inside for a number of days I thought it might do us some good to make this small road trip. It definitely put our lame patches to shame.


This was the corn maze. The one we got completely lost in. Rich was so irritated and wanted out right away (which you really can't do in a corn maze). I thought it was pretty funny. It probably wasn't but with us, the kids and baby Posie, I couldn't help but laugh. I think we went round and round in one corner for 45 minutes and never made it into the greater part of the maze.
Saturday night Abbie's soccer coach and her family threw the most elaborate Halloween party for the team. So amazing. Game after game and craft after craft then food and drinks and the decorations were fantastic. We all came dressed up but their family's costumes were just marvelous. So fun for the kids. I'm so impressed and thankful Abbie is enjoying her team and her coach.

At Monday's Halloween party in Abbie's class we planned fun games and center's for the day. There was even a small parade for the morning kids around the first grade classrooms as the big school parade is held in the afternoon. The ended the day with treats.



That evening Lindsay invited a bunch of families over for dinner and trick or treating. We all contributed soups or food of some kind but Lindsay (with it sounds like Sam's help) really put it all together. Can't help but be thankful for a sister(s) like her(them). Anyway, Abbie and Daisy had a great time going out to get their treats with their friends. Even little elephant Ryan waddled around with the big kids going from house to house.

My favorite quote from the entire night was from Abbie who came outside to Tripp and Papa and said something like, "No one in their know's I exist. I'm getting squished in there, like a banana. I'm a banana and I don't exist!" She walked around for the next 20 minutes (or stomped around) telling people she felt like a banana who didn't exist.
As usual, we let the girls keep a small bag of candy and leave the rest for The Great Pumpkin who left them Barbies. They were pretty excited and so am I. No more Halloween candy...yippee!!!!!

1 comments:

J-Leav said...

what a fun October! I'm glad I got to be a part of it. i should wear my wings more often, I look fabulous!