Monday, November 28, 2011

Catching Up


It's no secret to anyone who has been around me lately...I'm struggling to be where I need to be at all times and get everything done. Basically, I'm too busy! I did it to myself...trying to keep my mind occupied to keep it off some other things going on. Well, it worked, sort of. But maybe I went a little overboard. My blog posts and POTD have definitely suffered. Good, Better, Best...definitely a New Year's Resolution for 2012.

Lunch with Miss Joy
Abbie and Ruby have been wanting to see their Preschool Teacher, Miss Joy, for a few months now so we used a day off school to get together at Cafe Rio. Miss Joy got to meet baby Posie and the girls got to snuggle and chat with their beloved teacher. So fun.
Abbie/Auntie Shopping Trip
Aunt Lindsay and Aunt Sam took Abbie on her yearly birthday shopping trip the week before the big day. She is very interested in clothes so instead of the Sunshine Mall they decided on Town Square this year where they hit H&M, The Hello Kitty Store, the play park and the pretzel stand. Every niece's dream to have two cool aunties like these.

Field Trip
Daisy's first field trip of the year was on the Nevada Southern Railway. She got to sit by her school friends and her aunt Lindsay and cousin Nate and ride a big train for the first time. It was a fun trip. The conductors were these darling old men who obviously loved their weekend job. Sadly, the weather outside was super windy so it cut short our picnic but otherwise, a fun morning.

Abbie's Birthday Party
Abbie wanted to have her party at Color Me Mine pottery store this year. It sounded like a fun party but it really limited the number of friends we allowed her to invite (in the past, she could invite pretty much anyone she wanted to). The girls (and cute Nate) colored, picked their pottery, dusted it, painted it, watched Abbie open her lovely gifts (I continue to be surprised at how generous everyone is!), broke open the pinata and had a cupcake before heading out. It really seemed like Abbie's first "big girl" party. I guess that is what happens when you turn six.



Grandma Sandy came to join Abbie's party and we celebrated her birthday as well. Dinner Saturday night at a restaurant was our treat for her then a little soy ice cream Sunday with a candle for her birthday. We even surprised her with "Happy Happy Birthday Grandma Dear"...a new one for her I think.
Abbie's Birthday
Abbie officially turned six the week of Thanksgiving. She woke up to a table of presents from her mom and dad. All American Girl gifts this year for our big girl. Her class had a big "Friendship Mix" project at school that day so bringing a treat for the class wasn't really appropriate. Instead, she brought holiday buttons for everyone. That night, her pick for dinner was Lucille's and she even tried something new...ribs. But she didn't care for them. She likes the ones at home better and was happy to just eat the corn on the cob. The night before she lost her third tooth and eating the corn felt like a treat without that pesky tooth bothering her. What a sweet, smart, lovely, kind, talented girl we have.

1 comments:

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

I love Abbie's cute smiles, hard to believe she is already six. Happy Birthday Abbie!