For the third? year in a row we spent the Fourth of July holiday at the cabin. It's become our family's tradition and it's a fun one. We have some regular activities and added a new one this year.
We always make it to the Duck Creek Firefighter's breakfast. The kids love riding the fire truck. We always run into the Earls on the way in or out. This year they had Julie's family with them and that was a delightful first.
The first year the kids (or was it just Lindsay and Abbie?) rode on a large float in the parade. Last year we entered the cabin car with Grandma, Papa the little kids in the back and Kyle leading the parade in his Scout uniform. This year we decorated the cabin car again and Lindsay added hats to drivers. You have to understand this parade...we see chicken costumes, dogs with hats, our family...not too sophisticated. But we've grown to love it.

After church and lunch, and a good long rest, Wes, Linds and Sam took the kids on a "Hike" while Tripp and I worked on finishing up dinner. I guess the kids were using their pretend binoculars.
Bright and early Monday morning Dad, Sam & Wes went fishing. Around 10:30 the rest of us met them at the dock to join in. Another successful day. Nate caught one, Sam caught one and Abbie caught one. The rest of us just had fun.







That afternoon we took an official horseback ride. Abbie and I tried to fit on one horse but it didn't work. Luckily, she had no reservations at all about riding by herself. I got to ride "Reno" which I thought was pretty appropriate.

That evening Tripp taught the kids how to roast the perfect mallow. I love how two of them are wearing their fire safety hats while roasting over an open pit of flames.

And that's it, in a nutshell. We had over 500 photos on our camera alone...then Lindsay dropped hers off this morning. So I just picked some to post. They may not be the best of the bunch but I've got to get them up and move on. We are on the fast track now and summer is flying by at record speeds.
Bright and early Monday morning Dad, Sam & Wes went fishing. Around 10:30 the rest of us met them at the dock to join in. Another successful day. Nate caught one, Sam caught one and Abbie caught one. The rest of us just had fun.
That evening Tripp taught the kids how to roast the perfect mallow. I love how two of them are wearing their fire safety hats while roasting over an open pit of flames.

0 comments:
Post a Comment