I read about the 2011 Kids ATC Swap recently and thought it was such a fun idea that Abbie definitely needed to give it a try. She sometimes needs a push when it comes to projects but she loves getting mail and she is always so proud of herself when she actually completes things.
It's really easy to join. You enter you child's name (must be at least 4), and where your address then your child is put into a group of six (I believe) other children their same age. Abbie will need to create five pieces of art by April 18th. Then on the 18th, we'll send one piece of art to each of the five kids in her group so that everyone gets one thing from Abbie (and Abbie gets one thing from everyone). She will be so excited to get her mail and it will be good for her to start and finish (doing her best work, without rushing just to finish and having time to use her creativity and to spread out the work load) a project like this. Besides, what a really fun tradition to start with your kids.
You have until 4/4 to enter. Click on the button at the left of my blog if you want to do it. I thought of a few of you who might be interested (Jennifer T., Jen C., Laura, Nikki, Katie...just to name a few that came to mind immediately). Today is a big "Feature it on your blog get to know you day" so I thought I would try to participate.
Thanks to Angie Gubler who introduced me to the project on her wonderful blog "Blonde Designs". She also created the super darling button for the project, because she is that wonderfully talented (I just think the stars and moon of her abilities).

2 comments:
I just noticed this button your blog - Nate would LOVE this!
So . . . is there another sign up post August after he's four?
Just playing catch up with your blog. You're such a fun mom! Very festive.
I just might do the art thing with Boston. He loves to paint. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment