Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools

I can't remember the last time we didn't do something for April Fools Day. Normally, Tripp and I fool Kyle or one year Kyle and I fooled Tripp (any of you remember the year I had Mr. Rosensteel fill out the paperwork saying Kyle was up on the school roof and got a citation? Doesn't seem quite so funny now but back then, when he wasn't actually getting suspended every week, it was a hoot), but this was the first year I tricked the girls....


I made "Peas & Carrots" cupcakes long after the kids went to bed Thursday night. Way long after...left me wondering why I get myself into these things. But when I told them they had to have some veggies before we went to Costco and I had these babies in a container with a fork, ready to go, they just looked at me with a sad look and started trying to muscle it down. Then they realized the carrots and peas were candy and it got better. But they didn't think it was very funny...until we played the joke on Nate and the Boyle kids with some extras I made. I'm not sure we really fooled anyone but the girls thought it was pretty hilarious and Nate says he is going to trick me next year so I can't wait for that.

I guess I stay up late doing thing stuff is because of the look on Abbie & Daisy's faces when they were trying to eat the veggies without fussing (we had a REALLY bad night with Kyle the night before that continued into the morning and they were trying to make me happy) and then later when we smoothly walked away from the Griffeth & Boyle doorsteps and they were so sure they were fooling them and then burst into the most hilarious giggles when we got into the car. Those giggles were totally worth it.

1 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

nate thought his cupcake was pretty cool. well, once he realized it was candy and not veggies! :)

But yes, he was tricked.