Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

For St. Patrick's Day this year I made Kyle green eggs...he wasn't interested (I wasn't surprised) but I gave it a shot. Maybe we'll do pancakes next year. After school I had his favorite Blizzard ready for him, Mint Cookie, he grudgingly did accept that. Abbie and Daisy weren't too bummed about that one either...
We didn't find any Leprechauns (although the girls looked in the backyard again) or a pot of gold but we did make rainbow cookies to deliver to some family and friends.
As with almost all our holiday treats, disaster strikes the day we prepare for the fun. Just before I started working on the dough for the cookies, Daisy opened the door to the refrigerator to put in her chocolate milk and it completely fell off and on top of her, nearly crushing her. It made an enormous mess on our floor and created the logistical problem of what the heck I was going to do with a fridge without a door and all the food inside. Abbie was the BEST helper I've ever had. She moved into action while I was still working on Daisy and started emptying the freezer and taking all the frozen foods into the one in the garage. I then started putting the cold food into coolers in the family room. We had the piano teacher's daughter over and I'm sure she isn't going to want me to tend her again anytime soon...poor little Hadley. It took an hour to get everything moved and cleaned up. Then off to get Kyle. While I was gone a friend's dad took a look and was able to temporarily reattach it until Tripp is able to get back to town and we can get a new one....fridge that is. He (John Biever) gave me the - You COULD get a new door but I wouldn't - look when we talked about my options. Rats...that's all I need, to spend more money.

Also, I learned yesterday that among all the other things I don't do right (and Kyle spends his entire day, from sun up to sun down telling me about them) I don't put enough things on my car. And when I say "Things" I mean bumper stickers or Styrofoam on my antenna. So he told me on the way home from school that he is going to have a car with five antennas when he grows up and I asked what they would be for. He said, "To stick things on, you know...Mickey Mouses and things. Because you don't put anything on the car and that's dumb so I'm going to put on five things." Ok Bud, you do that.

1 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

The rainbow cookies are adorable - still haven't figured out how you did that. We enjoyed them!

Green icecream will be added to my St Patricks Day next year, for sure!

Sorry about the fridge - that's rotten. Good job, Abs for being a big helper!