Thursday, March 10, 2011

Catching Up

I've done a miserable job updating the blog over the last few weeks but we had some technical issues, namely all our digital photos went "poof" when Tripp was in Uganda. One day I woke up and the "Photos" folder was just gone. Who put in in the trash-bin is a mystery but I didn't know how to retrieve it and there was absolutely no sign of any photos anywhere else on our desktop. I had a short meltdown, then moved on. Luckily, once Tripp got through the blackout (government imposed blackouts and lockdowns during the elections) and I could get in touch with him again, he was fairly convinced he could find everything on our time capsule. He was right. So, here is the recap.....

Back in February, Abbie's school had a field trip to the fire station. She loved it. Daisy was timid but Abbie was so excited about everything. She really loved that place. Asks me all the time when we can go back. She is a Wemberly Worrier though and spends a lot of time now worrying about our house catching on fire.


In March, we decided to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday, 3/2. When I made the plans, I had no idea what an insane day it would turn out to be. But by the time the day came around, I already had all the books purchased, the cupcakes baked and the frosting supplies ready to go so we just forged ahead and delivered some surprises to a couple of friends and cousins.
Last week, all the kids had their 6 month dental check-up. Daisy let more than Dr. Sean check her teeth this time...she consented to a full cleaning. She was in tears by the end (hated the sucking hose - they ask you to close your mouth around it...I dislike that as well) but she is going to ask them to do it a little differently next time and give it another shot. She really, really wants to be a big girl. Probably doesn't hurt that Sean let her choose two toys from the treasure box.

1 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I've been meaning to organize a little field trip for Nate's school to the fire station. Did you organize that?

Loved the Dr. Seuss cupcakes & books. What a fabulous idea.